RedbridgeParkingForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll

Go down

Did you receive the Wanstead Parking Consultation Documents?

Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_lcap50%Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_lcap50%Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_lcap0%Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_lcap0%Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Empty Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll

Post by Bob Crabtree Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents?

If you are a resident of Wanstead - or run a business there - please tell us in the poll above whether you received those documents.

You are also able to reply direct to this posting - with comments about your experiences with the consultation process (or lack of)

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bob Crabtree
Admin

https://redbridgeparking.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll Empty Re: Didn't receive Wanstead parking consultation documents? Please tell us in the attached poll

Post by Bob Crabtree Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

My experience was that the borough unilaterally decided not to send me consultation documents because I live in Overton Drive - which, after LBR's partial U-turn, was now outside the area in which it was considering imposing parking restrictions.

That's the same situation for all residents of Overton and all residents north of Overton running from Blake Hall Road to St Marys Avenue - some of whom (like me) don't want parking restrictions when others in those roads may well do.

Consequently I (just like them) was unable to properly express my viewpoint on the proposals because:

1/ The only consultation documents available to me were the ones for shoppers (not residents or businesses) held for just a short period of time at Wanstead library. These lacked 14 or more questions found in the resident's consultation documents. They also lacked the detailed maps that came with the resident's consultation docs.

2/ If I went online to fill in the consultation, I was equally restricted - assuming I told the truth (ie admitting that I live in a part of Wanstead not being considered) - cos that route also did not include those 14+ questions (unlike if I'd lied).

Oh, and I happened to acquire a resident's pack when I attended a meeting with the council about these proposed restrictions in Wanstead [**] - so I sent that in by post.

But what I don't know is if that means my answers will end up being thrown away because I live in Overton Drive.

[**] I was among a number of anti-parking activists who attended meetings with the borough, with the intention of discussing parking; only to realise in the morning that, in fact, the consultation documents had started to be sent out already - so we weren't there to be consulted about the consultation but to be told what the borough had already decided.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Bob Crabtree
Admin

https://redbridgeparking.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down